Several vitamins are present inside a human being and are provided through external sources, food subsidiaries as the primary source, and food supplements formulated as tablets, capsules, gummies, etc.
Vitamins are one of the essential nutrients required by your body to develop and grow its features & functions. One of those Vitamins is Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid, which is also a water-soluble vitamin that is easily dissolved in the body to perform its functions. The excess amount is drained through urine. Vitamin C is present in some of your food items and is also a food supplement to people.
What are vitamin C Uses and side effects?
Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid, has the necessary functions to perform in the body. Like any other substance, there are Vitamin C Uses and side effects; moreover, the deficiency of Vitamin C can cause issues to your health or may let you suffer from specific weaknesses.
Vitamin C deficiencies
- Vitamin C, an essential substance for the human body, requires being balanced inside your body, or the deficiency could lead to specific issues.
- Minor deficiency of vitamin C can cause scurvy.
- Initially, the deficiency of vitamin c symptoms is of fatigue or inflammation of the gums.
- The increase in the deficiency leads to a decrease in collagen biosynthesis, which protects against radicals for skin as connective tissues, ecchymoses, purpura, joint pain, poor wound healing, & rough hairs.
- The presence of vitamin C is essential for the human body to maintain its certain functions, especially for your skin and hair, as they require collagen as connective tissue to enhance themselves. Collagen involves an amount of Vitamin C to be converted into a more complex form to perform well, and the deficiency could reduce its efficiency.
Vitamin C Uses
There are multiple uses of Vitamin C in your body to prevent particular diseases and enhance your certain body functions and organs. The Uses and benefits of Vitamin C include:
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient required for converting collagen into a more complex form and working as connective tissue for the skin to maintain its health needed to protect the skin from damage and increase the efficiency of skin to heal your wounds more quickly.
- Vitamin c is used for the biosynthesis of L-carnitine.
- It also converts multiple neurotransmitters into more complex forms to enhance your cognitive response functions.
- Vitamin C also works as an antioxidant to protect the body from free radicals.
- It improves the production of red blood cells.
- Assists regular heartbeat.
- Oral intake of Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) produces tissue and plasma focus that the body firmly controls.
- Vitamin C is used in serums to protect the skin from wrinkles.
- Taking Vitamin C in a balanced amount may assist your cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- The gastrointestinal ingestion of L-ascorbic acid is controlled by somewhere around one explicit transporter. Cells accumulate vitamin C via a second specific transport protein. In vitro investigations have discovered that oxidized L-ascorbic acid, or dehydroascorbic corrosive, enters cells utilizing some worked with glucose carriers and is then decreased inside to ascorbic acid.
- It is obscure the physiologic significance of dehydroascorbic acid take-up and its commitment to a sizeable L-ascorbic acid economy.
Almost every nutrient you intake has benefits to provide to your body, either protecting your body organs or enhancing their functions. But the unrealistic dosage or misuse of any such substance can cause side effects to your body same goes with Vitamin C.
Vitamin C side effects
Vitamin c is likely to be safe for most people. But for some people, Vitamin C may cause side effects like nausea, heartburn, headache, or stomach pain.
- The intake of Vitamin C exceeding the dosage from 2000mg daily can increase the chances of the above-mentioned side effects.
- A higher dosage than recommended can increase the cause of kidney stones and severe diarrhea.
- Exceeded dosage to more than 1000mg for people who have suffered or suffered from kidney stones may lead to severe issues, causing more stones in the kidneys.
- It is a good solution for the skin to protect from wrinkles but can sometimes cause tingling or irritation to skin some people.
- Taking extensive amount of vitamin C during pregnancy can problems to the newborn.
Food containing Vitamin C
Vitamin C is also present in some food subsidiaries to acquire from and fulfill the requirement of your body for a certain amount.
Orange, kiwi, lemon., grapefruit
Tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
Green and red peppers.
Spinach, turnip greens
These are all the food items that contain vitamin C. Apart from these. There are multiple Vitamin C supplements present on our website Vitamin Deck the no.1 online store for vitamins and mineral supplements in Pakistan, to provide the nation with the best solution to their health-associated problems.
Vitamin C supplements include:
- Kirkland Signature Chewable C 500mg 500 Tablets
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that is important for immune system cells’ average production and function. As an antioxidant, vitamin C helps our body’s cells, including immune cells, fight against oxidative damage by helping to quench free radical species.
Helps support the immune system.
Helps fight against cell-damaging free radicals.
Helps support collagen synthesis.
Plays a role in the absorption of iron.
- Herbiotics Vitamin-C Power Antioxidant 60 Tablets
Vitamin C helps to boost immunity by helping white blood cells function more effectively, strengthening your skin’s defense system, and helping wounds heal faster.
Boost blood antioxidant levels.
It may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease.
Vitamin C helps boost immunity by helping white blood cells function more effectively.
Strengthen your skin’s defense system, and help wounds heal faster.
Vitamin C plays a vital role in several bodily functions, including the production of collagen, L-carnitine, and some neurotransmitters. It helps metabolize proteins, and its antioxidant activity may reduce the risk of some cancers.
It helps to reduce the severity and duration of common colds and allergies.
- GNC Vitamin C Immune Support, 500 mg, Dietary Supplements, 90 Capsules
Everyone knows Vitamin C is an excellent source of antioxidants since our body doesn’t produce it naturally. But did you know that this essential vitamin has multiple advantages aligned to it? It boosts your immune system, improves memory & thinking, forms collagen, helps with eyesight, and even regulates high blood pressure.
easy-to-swallow capsules are also enriched with Calcium. Together, they work on preventing iron deficiency and strengthening bones.
- Centrovital Vitamin C 1000mg 60 Tablets
Centrovital Vitamin C is essential for teeth, skin, tissues, and bones. It is also an antioxidant that contributes to protecting cells from oxidative damage.
Contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
Increase immunity function and system.
Maintain healthy bones, nails, skin, hair, and strong blood vessels.
Reduction in sensitivity of stomach.
Protection of cells from oxidative damage.
Helps in the regular nervous system and psychological function.
Can improve the symptoms such as bleeding gums rough, dry, scaly skin.
It can help reduce swelling and painful joints.
Apart from all these vitamin C supplements, there are many other products as well that contains Vitamin C as a main active ingredient and formulated in multivitamins as well to provide you best alternative as a food supplement to provide all the required benefit to your body regarding Vitamin C and fulfill the demanded and balanced quantity needed for the human body. Every product contains the dietary specification and recommended dosage that shouldn’t be exceeded to prevent any uncertainty.
Nutrients including Vitamin C should be taken in the proper amount recommended by any doctor or nutritionist to dig out benefits from those nutrients for the body. The overdose/exceeded dosage of vitamin C, or any other nutrient may have side effects on your body, leading to severe issues.