Consumption of multivitamin and mineral supplement increases as people grow older. You usually do not need to take more than the
recommended daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Exceeding the limit of any component can be dangerous to health. Manufacturers design and sell multivitamin supplements and certain minerals to meet men’s and women’s health needs.
Osteoporosis is more common in women, but as men reach the age of 50, their risk may begin to increase. Getting extra calcium and vitamin D can help protect bones from osteoporosis.
After 70 years of age, men should aim for 1,200 mg of calcium and 800 IU of vitamin D per day. Many multivitamin and mineral supplements have low calcium content. Eating a large diary or other dairy products can help increase your calcium intake. Another way is to take calcium supplements. Also, vitamin B-12 becomes more difficult to absorb from food as people get older. Men over the age of 50 should receive 2.4 mcg of vitamin B-12. daily. Many multivitamin and mineral supplements contain more than this amount. Numerous studies have investigated whether vitamins or extra minerals can improve brain health. Some have found that vitamin B-6 may improve memory performance in older men and women.
Numerous studies have investigated whether vitamins or extra minerals can improve brain health. Some have found that vitamin B-6 may
improve memory performance in older men and women. Multivitamins like Centrum and One A day have 6 key vital functions
- Bone Health: People having Osteoporosis can get the benefits of using multivitamins.
- Heart Health: It helps with cardiovascular disease (CVD) and to improve blood circulation.
- Immune Health: Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all.
- Skin Health: Vitamins C and E play an important role in protecting your skin from the sun, vitamin C, and E deficiency can increase the risk of skin damage, including skin cancer.
- Healthy Muscle function: Vitamin A and Magnesium play an important role in maintaining muscle contraction and support muscle growth.
- Healthy Energy Metabolism: Vitamins B like Niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine plays an important role in energy metabolism in the
It can be very difficult for some people to get enough nutrients from their diet alone, including those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Multivitamin and mineral supplements are a great way to improve nutrition in these situations. For some people, especially the elderly, supplementing the diet with extra vitamins and minerals can have health effects; however, most will not benefit. People with food inequality can include those who are borderline and those who are unable or unwilling to eat nutritious food.